Wednesday, December 08, 2004

People I'd share a cell with.

Being a crazy maverick and a bit greedy, I’d like to have 3 people in my cell, for two of them I would require a time machine. Anyway they are: Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X and Paul Robeson. All are African Americans who did big things in the 20th century, but that is not really why I choose them. They were all willing to risk losing mass adulation, much wealth and a comfortable secure existence for their convictions; which at the time were deeply unpopular. They were also undogmatic and did not blind themselves to their errors and which shows integrity and intellectual honesty. Now the amazing thing is, despite their scrupulousness and the hardships they went through, they managed to be incredibly good fun to be with, spontaneous, funny and energising.

No comments: