Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Motherland

An Asian bloke said he feels totally disconnected from India- where his parents hail from. An wondered if anyone else felt the same.

For me the UK is my main base because of family and friends. I do still have a link with Pak/India, it's not that strong as I don't live there, but some aspects of life there are so cool- a kind of openness and community there which is very attractive. Plus I'd miss not using the language (Urdu in my case). It has a feel to it you don't get with English and visa versa. Having said that I'm probably more connected to India/Pak of the 60's because that's point at which my parents left.

On the other hand it's obvious to me there are cheeky chalak monkeys in the motherland. They make their own hell that way. On the upside there's such a variety of moustaches that nothing appears malicious. However I'm sure the novelty would wear off if I lived there!

Check this virile specimen: http://underthefirestar.blogspot.com/photos-03/muchhad.jpeg

No comments: