Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ramadahan: A time for reflection.

Mate: My ex had iftaari in a pub
Me: Reespec'
Mate: Dont say that!!
Me: That would confuse the taliban, I am sure they would say mashallah then slap him.
Mate: That is so bad though
Me: As long as he didn't break his fast with a whiskey
Mate: Yeah but still!! It’s so silly though, but he doesn’t see it, he needs to grow up.
Me: I dunno it doesn't seem bad to me.
Mate: Serious?
Me: Yeah. He is adhering to the fast and doing it in the right spirit without drinking spirit. It's what's in the mind not what surrounding ya. I can see breaking a fast in a strip joint aint right cos you can't avoid consuming the service, but in a pub you don't have to drink…if ya know what I mean.
Mate: I know but you're supposed to avoid places like that in ramdahan right
Me: Wot pubs? Pubs aint haraam, havin' bangers and mash and a pint to wash it down in a pub is.
Mate: OK mebbe im seeing things differently ‘ere.
Me: Apologise to him!
Mate: No cos he’d love that.
Me: I bet you gave him a right ear bashing.
Mate: I did yeah!
Me: Do it! Say sorry
Mate: NO WAY! he will go on about it forever (she laughs)
Me: I feel for the guy, this moany bird on his case.
Mate: Oi! I aint moany. Take that back! Apologise to me this instant!
Me: No, you'd laaave it!

I am not sure what we learnt, apart from: If you avoid saying “sorry” no one has to lose.

1 comment:

shehr said...

LMAO!